Kult of Athena

KultOfAthena.com

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The DSA Claymore: Under the Hood


First and foremost, this is not a post to bash Darksword Armory.

I have plenty of other posts that expound upon the virtues of their services and the quality of their products.

In fact, it was meant to be quite the opposite.

I sincerely wanted to give them another chance and prove myself wrong; thinking that the build of the majority of their products was off.

I wanted to break down the hilt of this blade and see a wide, thick tang staring back at me, so I could:

  • Post and publish the “under the hood” information
  • Stop all the “DSA bashing” that generally comes from my camp
  • Send the sword to Wes for a newer, tighter handle to improve the sword

And, that is generally how things started off:

Nice Wrapping:


Then…well….I’ll let you draw your own conclusions. Mine are already etched in stone: 







The Measurements:
Width of the Tang at the Widest: 5/8 of an inch
Width of the Tang at the thinnest: Between 1/8 and ¼ of an inch
Thickness of the Tang (Flat): ¾ of an inch

I’m not going to say another word.
  
Happy Swording to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment