Ah, the age old question.
And, I want to help you and all my brothers and sisters of the sword who have to go through the painstaking process of actually getting what they want at the price they are willing to pay.
Planning My Attack:
1) If you have any additional sources of income (freelancing, second job, lotto tickets, etc) use those
2) Use birthdays, anniversaries, or other special occasions/accomplishments to justify
3) Promise you won’t buy one for an extended period of time (“If I get this one, I won’t buy another for a year.” It was 2 in my case. I have 4 months and 8 days left)
4) Sign up for a new credit card, buy the sword, pay off the CC in small amounts every month
5) Have an open and honest discussion with her (just make sure the bills are paid, first).
If she doesn't respond to your hard work and reasoning, well then, she's like every other wife out there. Ha! But, you have to try.
6) Buy it and ask forgiveness with something nice for her that you NEVER do (get dressed up and take her out, flowers, day at the spa, etc.)
If none of these work, then use combinations, just beg (no, don't), or forget the purchase for now and revisit. LOL. Every marital situation is different, as is every wife.
Bottom line: You have one shot at life. Buy the Albion.